Saturday, February 11, 2012

Blizzard?!?!

Yesterday the snow started falling in Chesterton, Indiana, our home for the weekend.  In the afternoon, Alice came into my room with her computer.  The weather report looked serious.  "They" were calling for up to 18 inches of snow in this area along with high winds and some other dire sounding things.  Since we really really need to be in Indianapolis by Sunday evening, the wonderment was if we should try to "beat the blizzard" and head south RIGHT NOW.  We hemmed and hawed, looked out the window every once in a while (perhaps to see if the blizzard had suddenly arrived already?), made a phone call and hemmed and hawed some more.  Finally, the decision was made.  We would stay put and see what happened.  Neither one of us really wanted to pack up immediately and leave.  Now the question became, "WHAT would we find when we woke up this morning?!"  I woke up several times in the night and listened to the wind blow noisily.  The windows were still rattling when I woke up for good this morning.  What would I see when I looked out the window???  I peeked out and saw....grass poking up over the top of our "blizzard."  Way to go, weather people!  The other seventeen inches must have landed somewhere else.  Guess we'll make it to Indy just fine tomorrow.  Unless the blizzard comes tonight!!!

The view from my bedroom window last evening
The snow was really falling at this point even though it's not visible in the picture.

The view from my bedroom window this morning

No comments: