Tuesday, February 21, 2012

First supper and night visit

When I was in this field (SW IN) three years ago, Austin two years old and my buddy.  In fact, he got a little confused at times and called me Mommy.  We read books, played with trains and even took a trip to the zoo together (with a few other people as well).  Now Austin has a little brother, Jackson.  I was delighted to be back at the Cravens to renew my friendship with Austin, get to know Jackson, and oh yes, also see their parents.  :-)

Here are some pictures:

First a few of Austin three years ago

Sun-burned after a day at the zoo





Playing "Tell Me the Story of Jesus"

Got chocolate?


Now for the current pics

Spiderman loves you!

Spiderman unveiled

Jackson takes a break from his mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Did I get it on my shirt too?

We set up the bus tent, and the boys enjoyed a jumping good time inside.

Planes, trains and automobiles

Austin "teaches" me how to play Angry Birds.

Jackson takes a ride in the dump truck.

How can you not love a rousing game of Candy Land?

Moving on to Thomas Uno

A couple of "picture-less" memories from my time with the Cravens:
  • As soon as I walked in the door on Monday, Austin grabbed my hand and asked, "Will you play with me?"  Sure, buddy.  Just let me get my backpack off!  
  • Supper was pizza brought in from Little Caesar's.  Yum!  Austin, however, does not like pizza.  He enjoyed his supper of lima beans and mandarin oranges.  
  • Our first game was supposed to be "Spiderman and the Bad Guys."  Austin was Spiderman since he had the costume.  Guess you know who that made me.  I told A that I wasn't sure I knew how to be a bad guy.  He told me just to kick people.  I must have been a bit of a failure because he soon suggested a new game - house.  When I asked him how we were going to play that, he informed me that I would be the mom, and he would be the dog.  I must not make a very adept mom either because that game didn't last long either.  Candy Land was more cut and dry.
  • After Jackson went to bed, we sat in the living room and listened to him sing to himself for at least another hour.  
  • Before Anita and I left the house on Tuesday morning, Austin told me very seriously, "Come back whenever you want to."  Thanks, bud!  I'll never turn down the opportunity.

No comments: