Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sopa del mar

Yesterday, Jill and I were invited to share in a seafood soup lunch.  I was a bit trepidatious about the event since seafood is not my favorite food.  It seemed like an interesting adventure, nonetheless, and we gamely accepted the invitation.  As it turned out, I found the meal to be quite tasty.  The one exception was the clam, or at least I think that's what it was.  I must confess that I had a bit of trouble convincing my throat to swallow that creature!  I don't know that I would order seafood soup in a restaurant, but I did enjoy the experience yesterday.
  

The chief cooks hard at work

The initial steps of juice-making






Jill's chicken
She's allergic to mariscos (shellfish).


The other end of the table
Guess I don't have a picture of our end!  

Verdes

Showcasing the bola de verde (kind of like a dumpling made out of verde)

No comments: