Monday, April 27, 2015

Buena Vista

Jill and I are both picture-takers, as it turns out, so from here on out, I'll probably have some of both of our pictures on this blog.  
Because it takes too much time that I don't have, I'm not going to bother and sort these photos in chronological order.  Hopefully that won't bother any of my readers too much.  :-)
This first batch is from Jill's "camera."

The initial stretch of "road" back to Buena Vista

Rodolfo rode the horse with our backpacks, and Jill and I walked.

No texting and driving...oh...well...go ahead I guess.

Rodolfo and Nancy's beautiful home way back in the "bush"


This picture does not show:
a) how red my face is
b) how I am dripping sweat EVERYWHERE!
c) how dirty I am
But I am smiling.  I think you can see that.  :-)

Up the ladder and into our bedroom

The living room
Notice the fancy chandelier?

The dining room



Lilia and Blanquita


A cute little bench

Looking back at the house from the "road"

This little donkey followed us for a little ways on our journey but eventually headed back to his mama who was tied up at the side of the road.


Here's the start of my pictures, so we'll go back to the beginning.
This is where you get off the bus to enter Buena Vista.  Or off the motorcycle, as happened in our case.  The bus we were on broke down, so Rodolfo came and picked us up (one at a time) and brought us here.  I think everyone on the bus was wondering how two foreigners had such connections out in the middle of nowhere!  


Our road

Looking across the room from my bed

Looking down between the wall and the roof next to my bed

Jill and Blanquita


Kelly, Jill, Lilia and Blanquita

The complete ensemble

This gives you a tiny idea of my filthy condition after our walk in.  :-)  

No comments: