Monday, April 20, 2015

A change of scenery

On April 6, Karen and I traveled from Loja to Los Encuentros (north and east).  The scenery changed from mountainous to more jungle-y.  If I could sum up our trip in three words, I would use these:
waterfalls (cascadas)
ferns (helechos)
orchids (orquídeas)
Unfortunately, I did not have a window seat on the bus, so I didn't get to take too many pictures.
Here are just a few:



 We got off the bus in the town of Los Encuentros and followed a hand-drawn map to arrive at our destination for the night.  
We walked down this street to get out of town.

 We crossed this river on a real bridge that even vehicles can cross.

Wanna go for a swim?  


After these pictures were taken, it started raining, so my camera was stored away safely in a water-proof place.

No comments: