Friday, March 28, 2014

I need help

Yes, okay, now that you've had your laugh and inserted various and sundry inappropriate comments, I shall inform you of the actual way in which I need help.

I have had a couple of people tell me that they would find it much handier to follow my blog if they could receive an e-mail whenever I posted.  This way they wouldn't have to fruitlessly check day after day during my long blogging absences.  I completely understand this.

So today, I decided that I would see if there was a way I could make that happen with minimal effort on my part.  (Meaning, I don't want to send numerous e-mail every time I blog.)  In my search, I came across the lovely option of putting a "Follow by Email" thingie on my blog page.  Supposedly, people can enter their e-mail address, and blogspot (or whoever) will take over from there.  Perfect!

I added the "icon" to my page and decided I would be the first to try it out.  I entered both of my e-mail addresses.  I have posted three blog entries since that time and nothing has showed up in either e-mail account.

So, here's my question.  Does anybody know anything about this?  Do I have to do something else to make it work?  Do I have to sign up for something?  Pay loads of money?  Has someone else tried to use it and been successful?

Actually, that was quite a lot of questions.  Anyway, if anyone has any words of wisdom and counsel for me, I would be deeply grateful.  If it's not going to work, I would rather just delete it.  Obviously.

Thanks in advance for your deep pondering of my problem.  Good night.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I have no experience with that but in your blog settings, there is a place you can add email addresses to send to every time you publish. I do this with my family. I'm mobile right now, so can't check that out for you but can do it later. I would choose that option.

Unknown said...

I don't know anything about what you're trying to do w/your blog, but I know a much easier way for people to keep track of when the blogs they read are updated. Feedly. As in www.feedly.com.

SOOOOO easy and not an extra second of bother for those of you who write your blogs, which btw, I LOVE yours! Gives me a hint of my "homeland" IL much more often than I can visit!