Thursday, October 1, 2015

She wrote it just for me!

When you're with Jill, special "events" require a poem as a form of commemoration.  This recent lyric is in my honor.  I just couldn't ask for a better co-worker!  :-)  



FRESH CHEESE
(To English hymn No. 11: Jesus is Still the Same)

Fresh cheese is still the same
And ever will remain
Through Manabí;
Though served in every state,
Not ranked among the great,
It is the only plate,
Fresh home made cheese.

Fresh cheese, it is an art;
I need to do my part
From day to day;
Sometimes it's hot and fried
Not always just a side
To eat it, how I've tried
In many ways!

Some bright, glad day fresh cheese
Shall be just what I please,
Smelly and strong!
For cheese I will implore,
“Please can I have some more?”
Singing it o’er and o’er

The victory song!


And the request made in verse 3 will be a truly great victory indeed if I can ever say it honestly!  

No comments: