Wednesday, February 11, 2015

On the bus from Ibarra to Quito

Disclaimer: These aren't the greatest pictures since I was in a moving bus with a partially open window.  However, they'll give you a somewhat general idea of what part of the landscape looks like on this particular route.

Also, perhaps I should mention that much has changed in Ecuador since I was last here in 2007.  Advances have been made in a number of areas, including roads.  Not all roads, mind you, but there are many nice roads now that aid timely travel.  The road from Ibarra to Quito is particularly nice.





School bus


Tractor for sale

The white roofs in this picture and the next are greenhouses.  There are a number of these along one stretch of road on this route.  I'm not sure what they grow, but I'll have to find out one of these days.


Though nice, the roads are still quite curvy.  The bus you see in this picture is on the same road we are, just behind us one curve.







You see more "nice" cars on the road now.
The "dots" in the rock wall on the side of the road are actually pipes.  I'm not sure what drains out of them.  I still have lots to learn!  

No comments: