Saturday, February 28, 2015

Go, Dogs, Go!

Black dogs and white dogs.  Brown dogs and gray dogs. 
Dogs on the street.  Dogs digging through the garbage.
Dogs on the run.  Dogs lazing around.  
Dogs in gangs.  Dogs all alone.

I don't know if P.D. Eastman ever visited Ecuador, but this place definitely could have inspired him in the "Dogs" category.  Last night, as Karen and I made our way to our home for the night, I was amazed by the number of dogs in that particular "neighborhood."  And that's saying something since there are dogs running around all over this country!  I made the comment to Karen that I was sorry I hadn't counted all the dogs we encountered in that small period of time.  This morning on our way out, I rectified that grievous error.  In approximately 10 minutes (walking and riding on the bus), I counted 92 dogs.  I didn't count the one that was actually behind a fence, and I'm sure that there were several that I missed, especially once we got on the bus, and I couldn't see as well in every direction.  Anyway, if you're looking to adopt a pet, you might want to make a trip south!  We've got plenty of canines to choose from.  

No comments: