Thursday, May 28, 2020

Quarantine Meals

Though I do sometimes long for something other than what is available to us here, we have not suffered in the eating department during quarantine.  

Party pizzas

Noodles with a fried egg

Stir fry over noodles

Vegetable noodle soup

I finally broke out the stuffing mix that Karmen brought me back in December as well as the box of mac and cheese that I had bought in Quito

We've made more party pizzas during quarantine than I've had in all the rest of my life!  And I've got Coke in my Happy mug!  

Maduro casserole
(sweet plantain, ham, salami, cheese, onion, fried egg)




Chile & cornbread



One Pan Mexican Quinoa
1 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 c quinoa
1 jalapeño, minced
1 c vegetable broth
1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5 oz) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 c corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
1 t chili powder
1/2 t cumin
Salt & pepper to taste
1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
Juice of 1 lime
2 T chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add garlic and jalapeño, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste.  Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes.  Stir in avocado, lime juice and cilantro.
3. Serve immediately.

We, of course, improvised based on our ingredients at hand, but it turned out pretty yummily.  

I had never had cabbage on a taco before, but it's not at all bad!

Leftover quinoa with another delicious salad

Sesame beef stir fry

Chili mac


No comments: