Thursday, May 17, 2018

My standards have definitely changed.

The other night, when Linda and I got to Loja, we were discussing supper options. Several of the restaurants that Linda mentioned came with the recommendation, "We've never gotten sick after eating there." We finally settled on a place at the bus terminal before making our way to the hostel, since we weren't sure what else would be open. As we were eating, I commented, "You know, down here when someone tells me they've never gotten sick after eating at a certain place, it makes me quite game to eat there myself. At home, if you asked someone about a restaurant and all they said about it was that they had never gotten sick from its food, I would immediately cross it off my list." High praise is not always the same across cultures. 😊

No comments: