Saturday, November 5, 2016

Firecracker casserole


Things always seem to taste a bit different here than they do at home, in part because we often have to make substitutions due to a lack of all the necessary ingredients.  I don't know what I would do without internet in the kitchen as I tend to "cook by google" here!  (How do you make cream of chicken soup when you can't just pour it out of a can?  What is taco seasoning made of?  What do you substitute for cream cheese?)  So far, most of my efforts have been at least moderately successful.  (No one has died immediately after eating a meal that I've prepared.)  So we'll just keep at it and do what we can when our turn to cook comes around!  

1 comment:

Anita said...

It's an adjustment to cook from scratch all of the time- but I have come to prefer it. And, it's not all that hard. But it was a bit scary at first. So I know what you mean!