Sunday, September 18, 2016

Who would've thought I'd wish for a blanket at the beach?!

Last year, everyone here kept talking about a cool season.  I asked repeatedly when it was.  "It's coming," they said.  When the supposed time had passed, I asked, "What about the cool season?"  "It seems that we didn't have one this year," was the reply.  So, when the cool season actually arrived this year, it caught me off guard.  Different parts of our field experience different degrees of coolness, and the coastal part is downright cold!  Okay, so it's probably still in the upper 60s or even 70s, but when a cool breeze is blowing and you're up on a hill and..., that can feel quite chilly!  I curled up in my sleep sheet since that was all that I had, and that worked pretty well.  On our subsequent trips to the coast, I have taken my jacket.  We'll see just how long this cool season lasts!    




No comments: