Thursday, August 20, 2015

Mail Day! Mail Day!

A few months ago, I received an e-mail from some dear friends in Indiana.  They were wondering if there were any little girls in my field here in Ecuador who might like to have a new skirt.  I quickly started counting.  "Ummm, would 16 be too many," I inquired.  The answer was no, so I sent names and ages and began the process of patiently waiting.  This past Monday, when Jill and I arrived in Quito, there was a box waiting for me in "our" room.  Though it was late at night, I couldn't wait until morning to open this treasure.  Jill and I oohed and aahed as we took each skirt out of the package.  They are beautiful, and we can't wait to pass them out to our little friends in Manabí!  

Here are a few pictures that were sent to me via e-mail before the skirts arrived. 
 It was fun to see the process!  

Hard at work:

The littlest "helper"








Goofy girls!

Beautiful sewers!  Beautiful skirts!  
Thanks to all who were part of this project!  

 And here they are in Ecuador...

All packaged up and ready to take back to Manabí

2 comments:

Anita said...

Pretty neat! Love the pix!

Unknown said...

This is sooooo sweet