Tuesday, May 26, 2015

How do they choose their signs?

On every bus, there are posted signs warning against various bad behaviors as well as making general exhortations regarding bus conduct and courtesy.  I always wonder how exactly each driver decides which admonitions to place on his bus.  This past weekend in the province of Esmeraldas, I found a particularly interesting combination.  Unfortunately, I was not able to get a picture, so I'll just write out what the three signs said.

No pongas los pies en el resbaldar de los asientos.
Don't put your feet on the back of the seats.

Por favor no se limpie en las cortinas.
Please don't clean yourself on the curtains.
(I think they must mean not to wipe your hands or face on the curtains.)

Por favor no bote el chicle en el piso.
Please don't throw gum on the floor.


Does that mean anything else is permissible???

No comments: