Monday, January 26, 2015

Scavenger Hunt the First

After family pictures, we set off to tear apart the house in search of clues that led to hidden treasure.  Each family member had his or her own clue set (18 clues - color coded and initialed) that led him/her to a bag full of goodies.  I enjoyed being the event photographer and ended up taking a multitude of photos.  Even though I left a number out, this is still a picture intensive blog entry.  Enter at your own risk!  

First, a short sampling of picture clues given to the contestants:




There were also word clues.  Here are a few.

This box is mostly filled with things 
That rarely bring you glee,
Like bills and junk and other stuff
You'd rather never see.

It seems our clothes just keep returning
To this same machine.
At least it's better than the things
The ancients used to clean.

When your tummy starts to whine
And it just won't be quiet,
Get something from this chilly box,
And you will satisfy it.

Get the picture?  Get hunting!

No fair!  Karmen has a helper!

"I'm supposed to look WHERE???"



"It's got to be in here somewhere!"




Time for a little Levi break

Need some help reading your clue, Auntie R?

"I've been everywhere, and I still can't find it!"

In the snack cabinet?



"I know it's got to be here somewhere!"

Deep concentration

Can you tell what this is?

Teamwork

Kevin has no clue, but at least he's happy about it!  :-)

Poor Kalynn!

Happy on the trail

Never know where you might find your next clue!



Grandma joins Uncle Leonard in the kitchen

Mom studies her next clue

Trying to figure out what's in the picture

Does taking your glasses off help?

"Here, let me take a look."

Passing each other on the stairs

Kyle: the first finisher

"I found it!"




"I've been looking for this picture forever!"



"Where could it be?"

"Nope, not in here."

Victory, at last!


Having trouble, Kalynn?

"Ummm...."

Mommy gets some time with her little boy.

Uncle Leonard's finished.

Kyle helps Levi find his bag.


"Here it is!"

Uncle Leonard takes over baby feeding duty.

Two bags!


Leo takes a look inside his bag.

"Anything good in there?"

Poor Dad has a hard one!

Success!

"I see my bag, but I can't reach it!"




Finally!

High five!

Still on the hunt for Levi's bag

Got it!

The whole group with their goodies

That was fun!  Thanks for playing.  :-)


2 comments:

Anita said...

That was a ton of fun, I'm thinking! Did you do all the clue building, hiding, etc? A lot of work, too!

Kamela said...

Yeah, Anita, it was a lot of funny and also a lot of work. My immediate family helped hide the clues (not their own, of course), and that was nearly as much fun as the scavenger hunt itself. ☺