Thursday, October 16, 2014

Parting is such sweet sorrow

I'm not actually sure what that means.  Maybe you can help me?  How is parting a sweet sorrow?  

Anyway, the 2013-2014 year was an exceptional one.  I enjoyed wonderful fellowship with a very special co-worker, and the friends in our field were indescribably hospitable and lovely.  Leaving is never easy, but I'm so glad that I can take with me such sweet memories.  I know they'll encourage me over and over in the days and years to come.  Thanks much to everyone who helped make this year what it was!  I appreciate you.



Karmen brought me to Illinois on her way back home after our weekend together.
Here's one more picture before good-bye.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I suppose all the sweet memories that are close to the surface combined with the very obvious sorrow. But I agree, it's just mostly hard to say goodbye.

Kamela said...

Yes, you would know!