Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Breaking in my new shoes

One nearly fatal packing error that I made on this trip was taking along only one pair of shoes.  That's how many pairs I normally take with me on a trip.  The problem was that this particular pair was brand new.  After walking through three airports, one of which was at an exceedingly rapid clip, my feet were complaining quite ferociously.  However, the beautiful weather and the excessive sitting made a walk exceedingly appealing.  I decided to give it a go.  Despite the less than ideal footwear, I could hardly make myself turn back around and go home.  Although my feet were sore for the next week, I think the shoes were probably good and broken in on day 1 of their wearing.

On a prettier note, it's not often my December walks look like this.





No comments: