Friday, April 19, 2013

ENERGY

I don't know how I managed to not get any pictures of our adventures on Monday night.  Possibly I simply didn't have time.  Five-year-old K kept Lisa and me quite busy from the moment we stepped in the door that evening.  We drew pictures, took a walk, counted pennies, created with Play-doh, constructed with Lincoln Logs, imagined, played hide-and-seek with a stuffed dog and laughed an awful lot.  Oh, and we also visited with K's mom when we had the opportunity.  :)

One thing that really impressed me while we were in this home was how thirteen-year-old D interacted with his little brother.  He was kind and patient and caring.  Not often would that kind of behavior be the inclination of a teenager.  It's "little" things like that that are really big things when you stop and think about it.  I hope I learned something from it.

No comments: