Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 2

My 30th birthday was well celebrated!  Here are a few happenings that made the event memorable.


  • An early celebration with family at Thanksgiving time (including my grandma's amazing pound cake)
  • Cards began arriving in the mail, a number of which were exactly the same.  Someone got creative and passed out homemade cards to various friends to sign and send on to me.  Still haven't figured out who was behind that one.
  • A surprise birthday party after Gospel Meeting on Dec. 1  Two cakes had been prepared right under my nose, and I was totally oblivious.  They kindly decorated one of them with candles that keep relighting no matter how much you blow.  I'm surprised anyone wanted to actually eat the cake when I got through!
  • A lovely birthday brunch at Cracker Barrel on the actual day
  • A birthday supper at Outback Steakhouse with my mom  (We were too full to eat the free birthday dessert!)
Alas, I have only one picture of it all!  Who knew I needed to take my camera along to Gospel Meeting?!  Maybe I'll take a picture of my cards later when I get them all together.  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! :) Hope you had a great day! :)

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! It's a great year to be 30 :)