Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thanksgivings past

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.  It was a day for dressing up a little more than usual, eating a lot more than usual, laughing with family and friends, making music and sometimes lefse and just generally feeling thankful.

I can still remember the excited feeling I would wake up with on Thanksgiving morning when I was young.  Smells from the kitchen would be drifting up the stairs already as I got dressed and ready for the day.  Soon family would be arriving, and the feasting and fellowship would begin.  Thanksgiving when I was younger was usually spent with my mom's side of the family.  In later years, we would go to my paternal grandparents' home in southern Illinois to celebrate.  The last several years, I haven't known with whom I will be sharing Thanksgiving.  Thankful for all who make us welcome and increase our thankfulness.

Here are just a few pictures from a past Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house.

The whole LiaBraaten crew

Dad and Grandpa making lefse
(A WONDERFUL Thanksgiving tradition)

Grandpa checking out the intense game of Booby Trap

The feast is spread

Parker providing us with our post-dinner entertainment

A little target practice

No comments: