Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On the road again...

Saturday, Oct. 8, I spent a good deal of the day on the road.  My day began in Lindenhurst, IL at Karmen's house.  At 7:15, I departed with Goshen, IN as my destination.  180 miles later, I arrived at Dave and Bonnie Wilson's.  I dropped off my extra things (winter clothes, extra toiletries, etc.) and headed for Kokomo, IN to pick up my co-worker, Janet Nicol.  Goshen to Kokomo is about 100 miles, so about two hours later, I arrived at the Hilligoss residence where Janet was waiting.  From there, our plan was to take two cars to Greenwood, IN and drop one of them off so that Alice, my soon to be co-worker, could use it while I was with Janet.  That leg of the journey was only 75 miles but took longer as I-465 turned into a parking lot about 5 miles before our exit.  Four lanes of traffic merging onto the shoulder slows things down a bit!  From Greenwood, Janet and I headed to Bedford, IN, where we would spend the night.  That was only 70 miles.  That brought my grand total for the day up to 425 miles.  I was glad to crawl into bed that night!

No comments: