Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SURPRISE!!!

Kyle told me he would come to the Clever Special Meeting even though he was too busy to spend the weekend at Uncle Elliott and Aunt Becki's.  SO, I was a little surprised to find out on Sunday morning that he was coming from Illinois.  If he was too busy to come to Missouri, I couldn't quite figure out how he had time to go to Illinois!  I saw him and his girlfriend, Kalynn walk in before the first meeting but didn't get to speak to them.  Of course, when lunchtime came, I didn't waste too much time with small talk.  I believe what I said was, "Hi!  Good to see you!  So, what were you doing in Illinois?"  No answer.  I looked over at him, and as he held up Kalynn's hand, he said, "I'm trying to show you."  When I saw the engagement ring, I nearly came unglued.  Of course, a more astute sister probably would have put two and two together long before that point, but I in my lack of astuteness was completely blown away.  No date has been set, but it's now official.  Congratulations you two!

July 2009

No comments: