Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding Party

Well, I was amongst those crazy enough to get up at 3:00 in the morning to watch the royal wedding on YouTube.  When I got the invitation earlier in the week, I thought it was a joke.  First of all, I have been so out of touch that I had no idea that the wedding date was here already.  Second, I couldn't imagine hauling myself out of bed in the middle of the night to watch two people I've never met and likely will never meet say, "I do" or "I will" or whatever.  However, I set my alarm, got up when it went off, drove a few blocks to the house of our hostess and joined a small group of ladies that had likely gone through all the same thought processes through which I had been.  Turns out, it was fun!  There was something kind of magical about the whole thing.  I hope everything goes well for them and that they can weather the storms that they are sure to face in their life together.  Now I believe it's time for bed!

No comments: