Monday, February 6, 2017

Will packing never cease?

On Wednesday after the Bible study at Gonzalo and Celia's, I began the gargantuan task of organizing my things.  In the course of two years here, I have become rich and increased with goods!  There are a couple of reasons for this.  1) Several generous visitors (and generous friends back home who send things with my visitors), 2) When something that you need is eight or nine hours away by bus, you must buy it, even though you already have one.  This means that eventually you have quite a collection of sets of things you really only need one of!  3) That's just how it seems to go!  Now, I do not want to complain about being rich and increased.  However, I had purposed when I came to Ecuador that I would not expand beyond my pre-determined store space.  Oops!  Now, before I go to my new field, I must reduce, reduce, reduce.  Here's what the process looked like (in part).


Note: The baby dolls and stuffed animals are not mine.

My work space was quite tiny, so I of necessity expanded into the hallway.

All in all, my efforts were a success.  I filled two duffel bags with things to send back to the States with my next generous visitors and gave away a number of things I had no use for to the little girls and mama of the home where I was staying.  They and I were both quite happy about that!  


No comments: