Friday, March 18, 2016

Making a long story short

As it turned out, I ended up being in Quito until January 15.  The hymnbook project took up a majority of my time there as we continued to make suggestions regarding both words and music.  After singing through all 150 or so of the new hymns in the book, I think we were all a bit glad when we reached the final one.  Or at least our throats were!  After that it was all about making tables and combining suggestions and double and triple and quadruple checking everything to make sure it was presentable.  Due to deadlines, sleep became a thing of which dreams are made, if you get my meaning.  My eyes turned a nice shade of red.  My one year anniversary in Ecuador came and went with little notice except that Darla Fisher arrived in the country on that very date to help us out temporarily while a couple of our staff sisters are away on their home visits.  It was nice to have a couple of days with Darla in Quito before we both flew out on the 15th, she to Guayaquil and I to Manta.  The plan was to now have a few days to relax before joining Marsha Kiser in my field!  Sleep was in my future! I could hardly wait to begin!

I didn't take very many pictures of my days in Quito, but here are a few.

Thai dinner enjoyed by Karen Morton, Stacey Andrews and myself


Working on my latest rug project after work on the hymns was finished


No comments: