Friday, October 19, 2012

Seeing Rose off

After the Dells, Ardith and I spent two nights at Karmen's.  Due to various circumstances, we didn't see much of Karmen, but it was nice to have a relaxing day the Monday after convention.  On Tuesday, A and I headed to the Seneca convention grounds where we had lunch and picked up Rose Taplin.  R, A and I then drove back north to the south Chicago suburb of Alsip where a friend of ours lives.  Her name is also Rose.  Elaine Mitchell and Jane Estey and her sister were already at Rose B.'s.  The plan was for all of us to have supper and the night together before taking Rose T. to O'Hare early Wednesday morning to catch her flight to Ft. Lauderdale and then on to Central America for Special Meeting rounds.  There was a Spanish Bible study in Cicero on Tuesday night, so Jane, Elaine, Jane's sister and I attended that.  It was so nice to be with those friends again and to use my Spanish.  I don't often get to do that!  We studied I Tesalonicenses 3.  (No, that's not a typo.)  :-)  We headed straight to bed when we got back home; morning was fast approaching.  Our plan was to leave the house at 2:30 am on Wednesday, which we actually managed to accomplish (nearly)!  We waved Rose through security and then headed back to Alsip - a quick stop at Dunkin' Donuts and then back to bed for some.  Later that morning, Ardith and I headed back south to our field.  Now our year is about to "officially" begin.

No comments: